Since I am not coding, I am learning how to cook basic things.
- 600 to 800 grams of pumpkin
- 4 orange carrots
- 2 potatoes
- Milk (400 to 500mL)
- Water (400 to 500mL)
- Any herbs you like
- Optional: Grated cheese.
Note: As lon as you stay in the quantities it does not matter if you put one or three portatoes, two or three carrots, six or seven or eight hundred grams of pumpkin. The soup will work and will be nice, of course if there is more carrots, it will taste more of carrots… you get the idea.
Procedure / Program 😉
- Peel the carrots and the potatoes (and the pumpkin)
2. Cut carrots, potatoes and pumpkin in cubes. /* Note: you can cut them small or big but make sure that they’re all more or less the same size, otherwise the smaller one will be ready before the big one (The carrot puts the lower limit usually). The smaller, the quicker it will be ready */
3. Put all the pieces together in a pot. Add water and milk /* Note: If you have smaller quantities, for example 600gr of pumpking, two carrots and one potato, you won’t need as much water and milk. Just make sure you’ve enough to cover the vegetables */
4. Turn the stove or heating element on. /* Note: if the fire temperature is very high it will take less but you will also need to make sure that the water doesn’t boil and overflow. If you are not going to look at the soup it is advisable not to put a lid.
5. To find out if the vegetables are ready use a fork and peek some pieces, like one of each. /* If they break easily and they’re soft, turn the stove, fire, heating element off. If not leave it and check it in a few minutes. */
6. Once the heating element is off use a blender to make it a soup /* Note: First take some water out if you still have too much, it should be a creamy soup, not a watery soup. */
7. Once it is liquid, add a bit of pepper (3 turns in my bottle, not sure how much but not much). and add herbs you like.
8. Taste it and add salt if necessary. /* Note: Don’t put too much salt if you’re not sure it is better to add it later if someone wants it, the same applies to the herbs and te pepper too a lesser degree. */
9. Serve, and if you like it add grated cheese /* Note: this is an extra ingredient. the ones that go well are Parmesan or the Roncal cheese for example */